Sunday, August 21, 2005

I'm a dad.

My oldest child is now 37--a son; my youngest (also a son) will be 15 in three weeks. And I have four daughters. One died of a brain tumor 12 years ago. She was 23. Two daughters, both married, work in downtown Portland. The other daughter will be moving onto the George Fox University campus on Friday to begin her college education.

I begin this blog by identifying myself as a dad not because I consider myself to be a great dad, but because it is an important role. I have plenty of shortcomings as a parent, but I like to identify myself in relationship to my wife and children. Community is important and family is community at its most basic level.

I love each individual in my family. And I should admit I like the fact that they make me look better than I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brendon said...

Hey Dan...good to see you blogging!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home