Monday, September 19, 2005

Yesterday we did the Korman Race for the Cure in Portland.

As we crossed the finish line of the walk my six-year-old granddaughter asked her mother (my daughter) if we did it; did we get the cure?

No, Nicole, not yet. But we did get another step closer. All we have yet is better diagnosis, better treatment, and sometimes better outcomes. Nicole, I’m glad you know about Race for the Cure, Relay for Life, and Live Strong. I hope by the time you are an adult you won’t have as much reason to fear cancer as we do now. I hope it doesn’t touch your life or the lives of your children.

Nicole, it was a long walk for your short legs. I don’t know how many more times you’ll have to do it before we get the cure, but I want to keep walking with you until we reach the goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home