Monday, August 21, 2006

I noted on our birthday card to my dad that a lot of what I am is because of who he is. Saturday we had an open house at the recreation hall in the mobile home park where he and my step-mom live in Caldwell, Idaho. In my part of a short program I shared some words and phrases that people had used in describing characteristics of my dad and relationship with him: exemplary Christian life, sense of humor, good friend, good example, Christian love and testimony, teacher and mentor, he took a genuine personal interest in me, prankster and lover of jokes, Godly life, quiet humility, integrity, service. Some of these words come from people whose lives have wide ripples and I find it very interesting that an unassuming farmer has had a meaningful role in these people’s lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home