Sunday, January 28, 2007

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. At Hometown Friends Church we are doing a “Do what Jesus did . . .” series. The focus today is on the fact that Jesus was not very particular about his choice of friends and associates.

It’s making me think about my recent arrogance. When I found myself in a circle of “rabble,” my first instinct was to think that I was better than those around me. I’m glad I quickly recognized by wrong thinking.

The other thing I’m thinking about is “going through Samaria.” Going through Samaria is the title of a John Perkins message taken from chapter four of the biblical book of John. Jews and Samaritans kept their distance from each other, but Jesus crossed the line. Doing what Jesus did involves going through Samaria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home