Sunday, September 02, 2007

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. When the music director introduced “Count Your Blessings” with a reference to recently hearing the Hopeful Gospel Quartet doing this song, I wondered how many people were picturing four men from the 50s with suits, ties, and slicked-back hair. Now we’re watching a video that this morning’s speaker made about the “…one another” theme for today. It shares people from the congregation commenting on how others enhance live and encourage spiritual development. I love the “Lean on Me” background music. “Sometimes in our lives we all have pain, We all have sorrow…no one can fill those of your needs, That you don't let show…Lean on me when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, Till I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.” I doubt if Bill Withers was thinking about Sunday morning church when he wrote these words, but they work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home