Sunday, November 11, 2007

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. The bell choir is playing and I allow this to be a time when I don’t have to think about the words being spoken or sung. Ron, Erinn, and their youngest daughter are sitting two rows directly ahead of me. Ron and Erinn are the age Trina would be. I use them as a mental/emotional point of connection with Trina since the three were such good friends particularly during high school. My eyes are starting to water and now a drop slides down one side of my face and then the other. It’s a part of who I am right now and I’m not going to reach my hand up to wipe it away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi - Anthem said...

I am torn between emotions - sad that you struggled seeing Trina's friends advancing past her short 23 years, and yet hopeful, to see you expressing the loss.

I reconnected with Erin this summer at Relay for Life. I thought I had dealt with the loss of my sister 14 years earlier only to realize I was back to square one. What kind of person would she have been (if cancer hadn't taken her) fourteen years in the future? Not a fair question, but one I ask late at night....

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home