Saturday, January 05, 2008

“Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name…” (from the Cheers theme song)

My intention was to get an Americano, not to escape my worries. But when I went into the bookstore/coffee shop yesterday afternoon, I started seeing faces I knew. First it was a couple from California returning their daughter to college. As I visited and more people came in the list of names grew.

Cheers is not the ideal because if everybody knows my name there is no opportunity to meet new people and expand the circle. And I think it’s more important that I know their name than them knowing mine.

Picking up a quick caffeine fix turned into something with an extra buzz.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We experienced the same thing when we sat at the same coffee shop/book store in December. A blessing!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home