Sunday, April 20, 2008

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. The title of the message is one of the first things I look for in the handout we get at the door. Today it is the Holy Spirit and I instantly wonder if the pastor has read It’s a Dance and whether he might reference the book. And now I’m asking myself if this thought is self serving because of my role in the publication of that book. Am I motivated by ego or mission? I’m putting the two on opposite sides of my mental balance scale. Neither one is light and I can’t see which way the scale is tipping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Ankeny said...

My thoughts went to "It's A Dance" too. Thinking about how the book is selling, and also about the timeliness of the content. Was challenged Sunday to continue thinking about the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home