Monday, October 24, 2005

I have a therapist friend in Southern California who is beginning a new venture of providing therapy to the homeless on skid row and to families with HIV/AIDS through the Salvation Army. He says, “I'm sure I'll be seeing Jesus down there. Would you like me to pass on any messages?”

Well, Tom, I expect you will be passing on a lot of messages, but the messages will be your life and words you deliver that come from the Holy Spirit. I find a difference between the places I want to see Jesus and the places he prefers to hang out. I know he shows up from time to time at my suburban middle-class church, but knowing he would rather hang out with losers makes me nervous.

What’s the clinical name for a disconnect between what you know to be true in your mind and the way you live?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home