Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I know people can be very sensitive about religion, but I would have never guessed we had anyone like that on our Barclay Press mailing list. I got a phone call at the office yesterday from a man who was asking what this was that he got from us in the mail.

Instead of asking him to give me a clue about who he was and what the mailing looked like, I guessed it was probably our annual Barclay Press Christmas greeting. He evidently had no idea who we are. I explained we are a Christian publisher and the letter is sent to customers and others who have asked to be on our contact list.

His reply was, “I don’t appreciate you pushing your religion on my family and I'd like you to take me off your list.”

“We’ll be glad to do that,” I replied. And then before I could ask his name, he hung up leaving with no idea who he was or how he got on our list. We'll just have to get his name when he calls next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home