Thursday, December 08, 2005

I really like the idea of meditation. It’s something I try, but at best the results are mediocre. Clearing the mind of distractions just doesn’t happen. The path toward direct, uninterrupted communication with God has side roads.

A deer crosses the path in front of me and I turn to see where it goes without even realizing I have just turned away from my goal. It walks by trees and ferns and I follow. The deer moves on out of sight at about the same time as I notice a stream off to the side. The water is so clean and clear, I can see the fish. I sit on a log and watch. And only then I remember I was on a mental mission to connect with God. So I get up, go back to the main path, and continue a little farther until the next thing that diverts me from my intention.

I’ve never been tested for ADD, but sometimes I wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home