Sunday, April 29, 2007

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. This morning at Hometown Friends Church the Young Friends Singers are sharing a sequence of songs related to creation. I’m a little disconcerted by the fact that I knew some of the parents of these children back when they were this age—meaning I’ve been here for at least a generation. I’ve not made peace with the aging process. As I read in the worship folder the last names of the singers, I’m pleased to see, along with the second generation people, the names I don’t know. It’s a sign of growth and new blood.

It’s the pastor of a local community church speaking today. His church is three years young which is a sharp contract to Hometown Friends (the first church in this community). This pulpit sharing being done by a small group of local pastors gets more point for symbolism from me than for substance. But symbolism is enough. All the churches in Newberg are united in trying to follow Christ. Anything to make that more of a group effort has merit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home