Friday, November 16, 2007

I like hearing ducks and looking up to see the formation(s) headed south. I wonder if the lead role is shared equally or if a few spend well more than the average time at the point position. Who makes the decisions about where to spend the night and when to stop to eat? At what level does democracy function within the flock? And how is the flock formed? Is each group its own homogeneous unit with little room for diversity? Are their cliques or subcultures within a single V? Sometimes you see a smaller V moving to join the main flock. I wonder if these are the Republican ducks that have not made their minds up about gun control.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dan, I'm amazed. I wouldn't have thought it possible to make a political statement out of ducks flying South for the winter.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home