Sunday, February 17, 2008

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. Here in southeast Portland at Imago Dei the faithful wear jeans and t-shirts and most look to me like they are in their 20s. This is the third service and today the speakers are John Perkins from Jackson, Mississippi, and Paul Metzger (theology professor at Multnomah Biblical Seminary and part of the Imago community). I’m not accustomed to seeing this many people at church with the urban youth look. It’s a great experience and it makes me feel more hopeful. And John Perkins presenting the three Rs (reconciliation, relocation, redistribution) of Christian ministry is once again speaking to my mind and heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin M. said...

I think I know something about reconciliation and redistribution, but what does relocation mean in the context of Christian ministry?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

I googled it and found this document that was very helpful.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home