Saturday, October 29, 2005

Scooter Libby reminds me of an incident when I was a junior in high school. It was in chemistry class on a lab day. I went to class poorly prepared and the teacher was tired of us wasting lab time. So before we started lab he went around the room asking what each of us was going to do.

When he came to me I said, “Sugar tests.”

“Where are your food samples?”

I had not planned on this follow-up question. I’d figured I could bum food sample from someone else when we went to the lab tables and be home free. I opted to try to bluff my way through and pointed to a brown bag (my lunch) under my desk and said, “In the bag.”

“Let me see it.” Looking inside the bag gave him the opportunity to use his pet expletive, “My cow, man! This is your lunch.”

I was found out. Mr. Stephons further exposed me in the afternoon chemistry class when he announced, “This morning Dan McCracken was going to do sugar tests on his sandwich and a candy bar.”

Scooter Libby might have learned more than chemistry if he had been in Mr. Stephons class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home