Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sometimes I can identify the source of a nighttime dream. Last night I had an unpleasant dream that I can’t connect with anything I’ve been doing or thinking.

I was taking an academic class at what seemed to be a junior college. It was a small class and we were given a test. I couldn’t even understand the questions let alone have any idea how to answer. I was still trying to make some sense of what I was reading when another student handed in her completed test. The teacher was willing to give me as much time as I needed and after everyone else had turned in their test I was making guesses in the multiple choice section. It was an awful feeling. I was the dumbest student.

I’m not sure if it was part of the dream, but I remember thinking that I now know what it’s like to be at the bottom of the class.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan McCracken said...

Excellent observation, Michael. Yesterday afternoon Ethan was very discouraged about school and as we were talking about it I began to connect the dots.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home