Monday, April 03, 2006

I’m always interested in what Philip Yancey’s next book will be. Yesterday I learned it will be PRAYER: Does It Make Any Difference? It will be coming out in the fall—Publisher’s Weekly says September; Zondervan says October.

Based on what I believe to be true about Philip Yancey, this book will give an honest look at the disappointments that come when prayer doesn’t work the way we want it to. I expect Yancey will approach prayer as a thoughtful seeker, not as a salesperson. Yancey will welcome doubters and nonbelievers and contemplate their questions and concerns. In response to the news item late last week about the scientific study of heart bypass patience and the influence of prayer, I can imagine Philip Yancey saying, “Yes, but…”

2 Comments:

Blogger Aj Schwanz said...

I've loved reading his books. The first read was after college: I was working at the library, and somebody checked in "Soul Survivor" - kinda blah until I read the second part - "How My Faith Survived the Church." Now *that* I could get behind. This should be a really interesting read: I look forward to his thoughtful, questioning words.

3:11 PM  
Blogger amber said...

Me, too--can't wait to read the new one. I loved "What's So Amazing About Grace" and "Rumors of Another World," too.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home