Sunday, June 10, 2007

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. I’m thinking more about the people around me than thinking about God. To my left is a woman whose husband is having significant health problems. She hides well the stress I think she must feel. Behind me is a recent high school graduate and his parents and in front of me the mom of another graduate. Both of the graduates are headed for college in the fall and to meaningful careers beyond that. They are well above average and will remain there throughout live. To my right is a man who several years ago sat here (north side, three or four rows back) with his wife. A brain tumor took her suddenly and now he sits with his son and daughter-in-law. Sometimes thinking about the people around me makes it easier to see God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home