Sunday, February 24, 2008

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. Sitting in front of me is a young couple; married less than a year I think. They’re looking at graduate level education for her starting next fall. Right now the top two places on her list are Bard College (“a place to think”) in New York state and Brandeis University in the Boston area. I really feel good about people within Hometown Friends Church leaving the nest to develop stronger, broader wings in a bigger world. They won’t know for a couple of months where their exploration will take them, but I’m glad to be sitting behind people who are on this journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi - Anthem said...

From Nicole - What a lovely moment you have seen. Your words sound like they are from heaven above. It sounds beautiful to live in Oregon, I wish I was there. You are very special to me. -Your Loving Granddaughter

6:32 PM  
Blogger Dan McCracken said...

Nicole,
Next Sunday when I sit down at church I will be wishing you were sitting next to me.
Grandpa Dan

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home