Friday, September 04, 2009

The announcement of a new book release has me thinking about the word snark. The new book is titled The Snark Handbook: A Reference Guide to Verbal Sparring.

I’d love to have a mind that works fast enough feed words to my tongue in a steady stream of logic, wit, and uncommon insight. I think it's okay to have a sharp tongue, but I don't want it to wound. So, I’m wondering if it’s okay to be snarky. Where does the scale tip between clever and mean? Is verbal sparring a more acceptable activity than physical sparring? I’d rather debate than arm wrestle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

A-ha! Checking your blog for a new entry finally paid off!! Really, Dan, I just cannot feature YOU ever with a 'sharp tongue'! You're just way too gentle!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home