Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Even as I move through the responsibilities of life at the office and at home, the fact that my dad has been in the hospital since Saturday evening is never far from the surface. It’s hard to know how attached he feels to this world. Some comments make it clear he’s anxious to move on to a better life. On the other hand he still enjoys the company of others and he still knows that life has meaning. I think it must be awkward to be at this stage of a very long race and still not see the finish line.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gil S said...

There's not much I can say Dan except to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

In my experience with my mother, who died 3 years ago aged 92, I struggled as her only child with feelings of never being good enough or doing enough. In the end though I know I did what I could and I can leave the rest to God, trusting in those everlasting arms which would not, and have not, let any of us fall.

In friendship
Gil

3:13 AM  
Blogger Dan McCracken said...

What as blessing to have a friend across the pond standing beside me!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home