Saturday, November 19, 2005

I’m thankful for what I will call Spirit empowerment. I believe in the holy trinity—God the father, the son, and the spirit. I believe God’s Spirit works in human efforts and at times enriches thoughts and efforts beyond our normal human capacity.

Yesterday I had a lengthy conversation on an issue that has no obvious answer. My friend is looking for ways to help the poor in places around the world where he sends Bibles. He is looking for creative, dynamic self-help methods that will make a difference without throwing money at the problem and without creating institutions. It was a great interaction as we reached out into areas where we both have concerns, but neither of us have answers.

I especially enjoyed the conversation because it was one of those times when my ears, my mind, and my tongue were all working smoothly. Any time this happens I’m confident God’s Spirit is at work.

I’m grateful for the ways God steps in and moves me beyond my natural human capacity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home