Thursday, November 03, 2005

My daughter, Abbie, gave me a nicely-wrapped, DVD shaped package for my birthday. I had no idea what was inside. There were big smiles (probably a little laughter, too) when I opened it—a DVD of the best Tina Turner live performances!

For years my family has teased me about liking Tina Turner. They find it funny and perhaps a bit bizarre. I don’t know enough about Tina Turner to be called a fan, but for some reason I like her. She strikes me as bold, expressive, relentless, and even authentic. What about the sexually provocative dress and demeanor? Let me use movies as a way to describe my response. I’m not offended by a movie that is R-rated for sexual scenes if they are an accurate reflection of life and communicate something that has redeeming value. I find some situation comedies move offensive than some R-rated movies. I expect some people see Tina Turner as a sexual tease, but I’m not one of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Senger Morrison said...

Just wanted to pop up and say that I have started reading your blog regularly. I really enhoy your succinct, honest, un-fear-soaked perspective. Thanks

Tina Turner has more than her share of life force. I don't know how anyone can fail to notice this. It is a joy to behold, and it has not be beheld not just listened to. It would also be an affront to God to have legs like that at 60 and not share them.

Peggy

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home