Sunday, October 22, 2006

It’s Sunday morning and the faithful have gathered. My spot at Hometown Friends Church is empty. I’m on a plane between Denver and Portland. Along with two other Barclay Press staffers, I spent 24 hours at our emerging writers retreat for Colorado Quakers. We were high in the Rockies at Quaker Ridge Camp in a lodge that looks across to Pike’s Peak. Then last night in the home of a Denver pastor I enjoyed the slow cooked variety of vegetable beef soup, home make biscuits, fruit salad, dessert bars, relaxed hospitality, and a comfortable bed. We could have planned to sit with the faithful at First Denver Friends this morning, but most of the day would have been gone before we arrived back home. Next Sunday I’ll be in my pew where there is room to move my legs and my knees won’t be hitting the seat in front of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home